Friday 10 February 2012

Duels of the Past

Change of Heart Card
Whilst I was in College on Thursday, I couple of my friends were talking about Yu-Gi-Oh for some reason, but them talking about it just reminded me of the good ol' days when I used to battle my friends with my monsters and draining life points from them (I know, it's sad I still remember everything about it). I absolutely loved that game when I was a child and young teenager, I'd be duelling with near enough anyone who wanted to challenge me and I must say, they were pretty good players. I even watched the anime series which was on TV a lot and bought and actually still own the movie on DVD lool :P


Now though and a while back, I went off the game, but I actually still got my cards kept somewhere in my room. 


Marik Ishtar
My favourite card out of all of them was 'Change of Heart'. I don't know why I loved that card, but I just did, it sort of attached with me whenever I made up a deck. I've heard that this card is now a forbidden card as well... damn you Konami.
My favourite character in the series was Marik Ishtar, he was my favourite villain throughout the series and he seemed very mystical and sinister compared to the others. Also he had this modernised Ancient Egyptian styled look too, which goes back to what I said with me liking Egyptian stuff at that time. His character also had the best theme song as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCUAt-KugWc


I really am surprised though, that the game is still played today by others and that some of them are actually way above my age, they even go to tournaments as well, which honestly surprises me.


Well, like I said I have gone off the game now, but perhaps someday I may have another battle again with a lucky opponent :D

No comments:

Post a Comment